The Three Sisters

The Three Sisters lighthouse

Introduction The Three Sisters of Nauset are a trio of historic lighthouses off Cable Road in Eastham, Massachusetts. Falling prey to coastal erosion and decay brought by time and poor maintenance, they fell into sea in 1890 and were replaced by wooden towers on brick foundations in 1892. In 1911, two of the three Sisters … Read more The Three Sisters

Stage Harbor Lighthouse (a.k.a. Harding’s Beach Lighthouse)

Stage Harbor Lighthouse

What You Should Know About Stage Harbor Lighthouse Also known as Harding’s Beach Lighthouse, the Stage Harbor Lighthouse is one of the most noticeable landmarks in this area. It is the youngest lighthouse in Cape Cod having been built in 1880. For centuries, it has provided navigational aid to all sailors, and it has become … Read more Stage Harbor Lighthouse (a.k.a. Harding’s Beach Lighthouse)

Monomoy Point Lighthouse

Monomoy Point Lighthouse

Chatham, Massachusetts Established in  1823, the Monomoy Point Lighthouse helped sailors navigate around the neck that hangs from the elbow of Cape Cod. After 100 years (in 1923), it was determined that the powerful lighthouse in Chatham was sufficient.  Sea traffic around outer Cape Cod had lessened since the opening of the Cape Cod Canal … Read more Monomoy Point Lighthouse

Lewis Bay Lighthouse (a.k.a. Hyannis Harbor Light)

Lewis Bay Lighthouse

The lighthouse is listed as Lewis Bay Lighthouse, but it is now called Hyannis Harbor Light. In the early 1800s Hyannis was a busy fishing and commercial port, and in 1840 more than 200 Hyannis men and their ships had arrived to Hyannis and called it home. To mark the port entrance, the Gammon Point … Read more Lewis Bay Lighthouse (a.k.a. Hyannis Harbor Light)